Last updated: March 9, 2023
1. Types of Information Gathered about Users
Racing for Mental Health, an Illinois non-profit corporation (“we” or “Racing for Mental Health”), appreciates that you care how information about you is used and shared. The information we gather about users of the website (“Users”) located at https://racingformentalhealth.com/ (“Site”) enables us to provide you with services and information and helps us to personalize and improve our services (“Services”). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you submit an inquiry or provide feedback, subscribe to our newsletter, make a donation, post a comment, order products (if available), or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and shipping address. Some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some may be optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you may not participate in that activity. See paragraph 2 below about your credit card information.
- Purchases. If you purchase a product through the Site, we gather information about you through your purchase, such as your product preferences and frequency of product use.
- Information on Facebook®, Instagram®, and Social Media: If you link through, to, or otherwise interact with our Site through our Facebook, Instagram, or other social media accounts, you also may provide us with information from or accessible through any social media account you have on the same platform.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our Services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our Third-Party Service Providers. We also may use various analytical tools and other automated tracking methods through our Site.
2. How Racing for Mental Health Shares the Information It Receives
We will not sell your personally identifiable information to others, but we may share User information with others in the following ways:
- With Other Authorized Third-Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third-Party Service Providers”), such as providing marketing assistance, processing payments, operating or hosting our Site, and analyzing data. We may share your personally identifiable information with these Third-Party Service Providers so they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. The use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control. We currently use Google Analytics to help us understand how our Site is used, Meta Pixel for marketing and traffic assistance, and Stripe for credit card processing. Racing for Mental Health will not record or store any credit card information. You can view here the privacy policies for Google Analytics, Meta, and Stripe about how they treat your information.
- With Other Websites: Our Site includes links to other websites. When you access these links, you will be directed away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. You may obtain useful information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the
Networking Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Facebook and Google also provide advertising opt-out mechanisms.
3. Security of Your Information
The web forms through which you enter information on the Site are protected Secure Sockets Layer technology. When you provide us with personally identifiable information, however, you acknowledge that, even with reasonable security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, secure your password, and sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information with us:
- We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission. As a condition of agreeing to these Terms, however, you agree to receive from us newsletters and promotional and administrative emails related to your activity on our Site and to our Services, including announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our Services.
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may ask us to stop sending you promotional emails by following the instructions in our email footer. Your personal information and information about your donations or activity on the Site may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our Services unless you again subscribe to our communications or donate to us.
- Please note that, because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
5. Children’s Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from or about someone under the age of 13, please inform us immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. GDPR, Canada, and State Laws
If you are in a country that is governed by the European Union General Data Privacy Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Canada, or a state that has adopted data privacy protection regulations, such as California, then some or all of the following may be applicable to you.
To the extent GDPR regulations regarding the processing of your personal data (“Personal Data”) apply to us, under certain circumstances we may be considered a “data controller.” Personal Data includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and geolocation, some of which we may collect and process and some of which may be collected and processed by third parties. These third parties may be considered “data controllers” in their own right, and you should review their
privacy policies. We process your Personal Data only as necessary to offer and provide services to Users and collect
donations. Our legal basis for processing your Personal Data includes:
- Complying with legal requirements.
- Managing and improving our website and our relationship with you.
- Providing you with information about our Services.
- Collecting donations.
We will retain your Personal Data only for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill your order, if any, and understand how to improve our Services. We also retain your Personal Data for the time necessary to meet legal requirements and any applicable statute of limitations. Because we are in the United States, your Personal Data for which we may be considered the data controller will be transferred to the United States.
- Depending upon the laws applicable to you, the following rights may apply:
- You have the right to object to our processing your Personal Data and, upon receiving such notice, we will stop processing your data, which may mean we cannot provide full Services to you. For example, without your Personal Data we would not be able to sell or ship product to you.
- You may restrict our processing your Personal Data.
- You may ask to update your Personal Data on a going-forward basis.
- You may request a copy of your Personal Data that we have stored and maintained.
- You may request that your Personal Data be deleted, but some Personal Data may not be deleted for legitimate legal reasons.
- You may request that your Personal Data be transferred to another party. If you ask to exercise any of the above rights, you must send the request to our Privacy Department at email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
8. Contacting Us